Collagen is the richest protein in your body, taking about 1/3 of its protein composition. It serves one of the principal building blocks for your skin, hair, bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Your body naturally makes collagen, but as you age, the natural levels of collagen in your body decreases. Starting in our mid-20s, collagen content decreases slowly. Women may lose up to 30% of their collagen production in the first 5 years of menopause. Topical creams have been scientifically proven to promote collagen production. Additionally, antioxidants such as vitamin C can reverse the inflammation that causes damage to the collagen in your skin.
Benefits for your skin
• Repairs your skin
• Protects your skin from sagging and loosening.
• Gives a natural plumping effect.
• Firms and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
• Promotes a healthy, radiant and youthful look.
• Reduces scars.
• Improves skin moisture and smoothness.
• Helps restore the skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness.
Benefits for your hair
• Stimulates hair growth, thickens and lengthens your hair by increasing the body’s hair
• May help reduce the appearance of grey hair by supporting the healthy structure of
the hair follicle where melanin; the pigment that gives hair its colour is produced.
• Repairs split ends.
• Reduces chances of breakage.
• Hydrates and helps maintain a healthy level of moisture content.